X2 I Equity focuses on
- Investments in early to growth-stage technology companies and selected late-stage opportunities
- Technology and product innovations for application in advanced industrial manufacturing
As a private holding company – that invests only funds generated through previous entrepreneurial activities – we have the flexibility to support our portfolio companies over the long-term
We endorse pragmatic, fast decision making and have the flexibility to implement tailor-made transaction structures according to individual stakeholder needs
We invest in ambitious teams solving problems, often engineering problems, helping industrial customers to improve their manufacturing processes.
X2 I Equity pursues a flexible investment approach, making both minority and majority investments in technology companies during the following stages of their corporate development:
Target companies in the early-stage should have at least a working beta version of its technology in place (software or systems hardware proto) ready for testing in real customer environments
Our main target group for investments are private technology companies, with headquarters in Europe, North-America or Asia.
Beyond the capital that we invest, we are committed to create value by providing operational and strategic management support to our portfolio companies in the following areas:
- Business development and mid-term strategic planning
- Financing and capital
- Operations and supply chain
- Technical project and key account management
- Customer and application driven R&D and New Product Introductions (NPI)
- System product design
- Prototyping & series production ramp of technology systems and components (advanced contract manufacturing)
- International expansion of operations and establishment of new regional sales channels (i.e. in Asia)
- Product pricing and after-sales strategies
- Origination and execution of strategic partnerships along the value chain
By leveraging our industrial network and international partnerships (i.e in the US, China and Singapore), we can actively support further internationalization and profitable growth of our portfolio companies in key customer markets, with a goal to scale the business in the shortest possible timeframe.
We bring our own entrepreneurial experience in, using the above-mentioned levers to accelerate the path to commercial success. We aim to play an active role in our portfolio companies, typically assume a seat on the Board and work with task-based project teams to support management and staff on a project-by-project or daily basis (where the skills and responsibilities are typically complementary).
X2 has offices in Germany, China and the US – please do contact us with any enquiries you might have